Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Diary: Over the last few years I have been in conflict over which Spiritual Path I should be following.

- the one outlined in "Thinking and Destiny" by Harold W. Percival or
- the one outlined by the Huna Teachings (see Max Freedom Long) or
- some form of Bhakti Yoga or
- A Course in Miracles (some call it the Christian Advaita Vedanta) or
- some form of Zen Buddhism
- Advaita Vedanta
- I've considered many others (Theosophy, Rosicrucianism, New Age, and more). These are not for me.

Every time I consider this question I keep coming back to ACIM or A Course In Miracles. So this time I think am going to stick to it and practice the lessons in the Work Book and s on.

And why is this?

Well, from studying the various Teachings out there the ones that appeal to me the most (and make the most sense) all say basically the following

- What is Changeless cannot contain or encompass something that is changing (evolving or devolving, change in any case).
- What is Limitless cannot contain the limited.
- What is Infinite cannot contain what is finite.
- What is Infinite, Changeless, Eternal, Infinite, All Encompassing is Real. What is unreal cannot exist.

So to me, any Teaching that teaches that this realm, which is limited, full of change and suffering, is finite, not eternal, cannot be the Truth. It is akin to a dream, a mirage in the desert. But this applies to my own understanding; am not saying anything about yours.

No comments: