Friday, February 13, 2009

Am stupefied over this!

You know? It is quite astonishing to me how certain folks get so affronted, in their minds, that they will never speak to you again!

Have you had that experience? Am sure you have. And myself as well.

A while back I denegrated a certain blogger by saying some negative things about his blog post, and how it was silly and not serious.

Well, from then on? He quit posting in my 9-planetreviews.blogpsot.com blog.. right thereafter. Forever more. No matter how many good posts I made in his blog. And it continues.

I just don't understand that behaviour from someone with so much experience! Holding on to past grievances, even when I appologized!

Wow. Still cannot fathom the ego! Because ego is what it is. But I have been friendly with him, in his own blog posts.... but never an answer or a word.

Am stupefied! That a man of that age can still hold things against someone! That was said only once! Can you appreciate that? Am sure you can.

Perhaps some of your friends and neighbors are like that. It's like you really did not know them! Ok. Am letting it go right now.

11 comments:

HermitJim said...

Yeah, you just have to wonder what people are thinking when they do something like that! Maybe they just don't have anything to comment about that would be in line with the post, who know?

js said...

Yes Jim, who knows. Am letting it go.

And thanks for you response to this.

js

And I did have to let this off my chest, in case the person am speaking off has read it. Yes, egoic as well. And I recongize this. And let even that go.

js

js said...

And now am at peace Jim. Thanks for replying on that particular post. I do appreciate it.

js

Rod said...

You know John
A friend will bail you out of jail but a good friend will be sitting next to you saying..
"Damn that was fun"

Rod

js said...

Right on Rod!

I appreciate that wisdom!

johnski!

blondie said...

Rod, that's funny! And a coincidence.
My kids have a plaque with those words hanging in their kitchen.
Of course I laughed when I read it. Good thoughts for friends.
Later :)

js said...

Thanks Blondie, for your post.

js

xox-Missi Mi-xox said...

As the doors once sang "People are strange" ..... if being at peace means your kicking up your heels, got your beverage of choice in one hand, indulgence of your choice in the other, surrounded by your buddies and ready to slide through to the other side all screaming F*@%Yeah That was an awesome ride!!! Then Im with you .... or was I just remembering being on a ride at Dreamworld last week with my daughter?? Who knows But you can be sure people are strange no matter what you do.

Keep smiling
Whats important is all inside You

xox-Missi-xox

js said...

Hey thanks Missi, you are quite right!

And as I said, am over it. It just ate at me for a while, but I can finally let it go.

js

Lydia said...

I am affected only by my thoughts...

"The secret of salvation is but this: That you are doing this unto yourself. No matter what the form of the attack, this still is true. Whoever takes the role of enemy and of attacker, still is this the truth. Whatever seems to be the cause of any pain and suffering you feel, this is still true. For you would not react at all to figures in a dream you knew that you were dreaming. Let them be as hateful and as vicious as they may, they could have no effect on you unless you failed to recognize it as your dream.

This single lesson will set you free from suffering, whatever form it takes..."

Of course you know this, and of course you have as much right as anyone to be affronted. It happens to all of us. To teach is one thing, to study and practice, quite another.
:)

(just a reminder...)
lydia

js said...

That's for sure Lydia.

And sure Jim, I hear ya. But not for every single post, right? Right.

Ta ta.

js